IS THE PLUMBING INSULATED?
– Technically, no. However, as Cricket is outfitted with a Truma system, keeping the interior plumbing climate controlled is a breeze. If you’re camping in extreme cold or storing your habitat extensively in cold temperatures, we recommend following our winterization protocol to keep your plumbing in the best shape possible.
DOES THE CRICKET HAVE OUTBOARD SHOWER/WATER ACCESS? IF SO, WHERE?
– It does! The outdoor shower can be found on the front of the habitat on the driver’s side.
WHAT YEAR WAS THE CRICKET INTRODUCED?
– Cricket came to market in 2013.
WHAT TYPES OF VEHICLES CAN TOW THE CRICKET? WOULD A SUBARU OUTBACK WORK?
– Cricket has a dry weight of only 1,800 pounds, so even with hefty load of gear adding to the overall weight, most SUVs can safely and confidently tow it. The Subaru Outback towing capacity varies based on the engine, but its towing range is 2,700 – 3,500 pounds.
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SOMEONE LIVING FULL-TIME OUT OF THEIR CRICKET? CAN YOU LINK TO THEIR INSTAGRAM IF SO?
– Although it was not long term, one of our Explorers, Alex Hardgrave, lived in a Cricket Overland for three weeks during a trip out West. You can read about her travels here. Additionally, Alex, her wife and their two kids lived in their Mantis full-time for just over eight months. Check out her Instagram profile to learn more about their experience.
WHAT TYPE OF SOLAR SETUP WORKS BEST WITH CRICKET?
– The ideal solar setup varies based on specific needs, namely on the systems/accessories within your Cricket that need power. Check out our Habitat Power Systems post for a full solar overview that includes everything you need to get off-grid with Cricket.