fbpx

Shannon and Joel .

Hometown:

, CO

Habitat:

Cricket

Follow on Social Media:

Tell us a little about yourself and why you own a TAXA?

For our wedding registry in 2017, we created a Honeyfund for contributions not for a honeymoon, but towards the purchase of a Cricket. We wanted a lifetime of adventures and knew that a TAXA habitat could help provide that. Much research went into habitats that would fit our lifestyle and take us off grid - we fell in love with the design, craftmanship and mobility of the Cricket.

Where is your favorite place to take your TAXA? 

When we aren't using our Cricket as an adventurous home office or occasional pop-up wine bar at home, we love to explore new off-grid spots all over Colorado. In addition, last year we discovered Taos, NM and Black Hills National Forest, SD by way of our cricket and we can't wait to return.

Who do you explore with?

We explore with our two pups, Brewster and Ansel, when adventuring in the Cricket. Brewster is a 4 yr old Border Collie and Ansel is a 9 month old Catahoula Hound cross. There is never a dull moment adventuring with these two.

What are your favorite outdoor activities?

We love everything outdoors! Joel and I, along with our pups, love to hike, snowshoe, backcountry ski, SUP and rock climb - just to name a few. And we love bringing Charlotte (the Cricket) to use as our base camp.

Do you have any hacks or mods that you've done to your habitat to enhance your travels?

We have added 200 Watts of solar as well as additional propane canisters to allow us to spend more time off-grid.

Tell us your favorite unique habitat story.

My favorite habitat story is from a couple years ago. I planned a surprise birthday trip for Joel to Moab. One of his birthday gifts was a new climbing rope - with the hope to use it in and around Moab for his birthday adventure. But then the weather had a different plan. It rained. And rained. But you know what? We had the best time hanging out in the Cricket as a little family - cozy, fun, quality time. This trip was anything but what I had planned - but it ended up being perfect!

What's one place you'd love to explore?

We would love to travel to Canada with our Cricket and explore the Banff / Canmore area.

I can't leave home without my...

We can't leave home without our cameras and the pups (of course).

Shannon and Joel's Stories