fbpx

Scott C.

Hometown:

Boulder, CO

Habitat:

Cricket

Follow on Social Media:

Tell us a little about yourself and why you own a TAXA?

We are typical Colorado outdoor seekers. We're usually loaded with bikes, kayaks, fly fishing gear (skis in the winter) and other assorted toys to get out and explore the high country . To us, the Cricket is the ultimate escape module. Compact when you need it to be but spacious enough for everything we want to haul, use and do while we're out. We are definitely weekend warriors with a few longer trips thrown in when we can pull them off. It's easy to tow so we can cover some ground even if it means taking off after work to be in Moab by the time the milky way is out.

Where is your favorite place to take your TAXA? 

Any time it's rolling out of the garage it's a good day. Favorite spots include searching for remote spots up and down the Rockies or escaping to the Utah desert.

Who do you explore with?

My wife and our dog, Moose.

What are your favorite outdoor activities?

Cycling (road, mtn, gravel) and hiking are the primary ones. But we love to paddle and haul kayaks with us as often as not. If we can camp near water, we'll fly fish. I love outdoor photography so that always seems to play into the direction we head or where we linger longer. Our normal MO is to find a quiet place to relax. But seeking out a summer festival is a pretty great way to spend a weekend as well.

Do you have any hacks or mods that you've done to your habitat to enhance your travels?

We have the Overland Edition which is great for the country we wander around. SO it came pretty dialed in. We set up a roof cargo system for the spare, the bikes/boats and other stuff. Currently looking at ways to rack some rigged fly rods into a ceiling quiver.

Tell us your favorite unique habitat story.

Before this month, it would have been a tough one. Either a fall desert trip to try to stretch the summer season a little further, or wintertime trailhead camping for a sunrise ascent of a 14er. (The heater is way more sophisticated than freezing in a tent. ) But when COVID hit, I popped the Cricket up in the driveway and turned it into my remote office. Today is the start of Week 7. It's like an extra room in the house that somehow transports me a little bit closer to the backcountry.

What's one place you'd love to explore?

We're hoping to make a long loop north this summer to Waterton Lakes/Glacier area.

I can't leave home without my...

Wife. dog. Camera. Moots bike. And definitely, a coffee press.
Actually might need to list that one first...

Travelogue:

This explorer has not logged any adventures yet.

Scott's Stories