fbpx

Ryan D.

Hometown:

Fort Worth, TX

Habitat:

Mantis

Follow on Social Media:

Tell us a little about yourself and why you own a TAXA?

My wife and I live in Fort Worth, Texas, and we have 3 young children. None of us had ever camped much at all in our lives, but a couple of years ago we wanted to see nature in more detail. We bought an old rickety Dutchmen Camper just to see if we liked it. We immediately fell in love. Fast forward, we borrowed my cousins Mantis and took it to Big Bend. We were immediately hooked. So hooked that we placed an order for a Mantis the very next week. We love the simplicity of the habitat and how it allows us to go "just a little bit further" than where you can comfortably go with a more "traditional" camper.

Where is your favorite place to take your TAXA? 

So far, our favorite place we have taken our Mantis is the backcountry of Big Bend National Park. It was an amazing trip.

Who do you explore with?

Typically, I explore with my wife and 3 kids. Sometimes we bring our dogs as well.

What are your favorite outdoor activities?

We love to hike, and we love to just explore to see what we find.

Do you have any hacks or mods that you've done to your habitat to enhance your travels?

We added the Expion360 Battery Monitor, which has been great. We also added the SnoMaster dual zone fridge/freezer. We've got some additional plans in the future. More to come on that.

Tell us your favorite unique habitat story.

Some of our best memories in "Luna" have been staying up late with the kids and playing Uno or another card game. It sounds simple, but we have made some great memories doing that and talking about our adventures from the day.

What's one place you'd love to explore?

Anywhere in Utah

I can't leave home without my...

Solo Stove Bonfire

Ryan's Stories