fbpx

Phil N.

Hometown:

CHICAGO, IL

Habitat:

Cricket

Follow on Social Media:

Tell us a little about yourself and why you own a TAXA?

We are a city dwelling family and wouldn't have it any other way. Yet, we are active and pledged to make sure our kids experienced the outdoor adventures we did growing up.
Prior to kids, we tent camped quite a bit and it inevitably rained on the last night of our trip seemingly every time, soaking everything we owned. With the kids, we thought we'd get off the ground yet wanted them to actually camp and feel the breeze at night, and hear the birds in the morning.
In other words, it had to be as close to camping as possible. Yet, the larger trailers were at odds with our environmental ethos. Somehow, we stumbled into Taxa and the idea was everything we dreamed. This is what we were meant to camp in and we plan to squeeze a season or two more into the Cricket before possibly upsizing to the Mantis.

Where is your favorite place to take your TAXA? 

Our goal is usually somewhere close to a body of water. Lately, the Eastern shores of Lake Michigan have been a favorite.

Who do you explore with?

My family and often with our Airedale Terrier, Nahla.

What are your favorite outdoor activities?

We love hiking and exploring as a family. And while we prefer somewhere with a coast, there are many gems in the Midwest.

Do you have any hacks or mods that you've done to your habitat to enhance your travels?

We have added stabilizers, a power tongue jack, and an additional battery. It comes with all you need and nothing you don't.

Tell us your favorite unique habitat story.

Setting up camp with our Cricket is always an 'ordeal'. And we don't mean popping the roof, pulling out the camp chairs and starting the fire (that part is EASY). But everytime we drive in to a campsite, we have a line of onlookers wanting to look in and asking us if the Cricket was folded, dented, or..."What is that...? Cool!"
So now, we just stock Taxa brochures to share the love.

What's one place you'd love to explore?

The National Parks! Beginning with Yosemite or Arches. We have been waiting for the kids to get old enough for a long trip. We are ready.

I can't leave home without my...

Cameras (yes, plural). I love being able to capture candid moments to revisit later.